Monday, 6 January 2014

Beauty Review: Perfect curls

Today's beauty review is all about the perfect curl. As said before, I am happy with my curls, but sometimes they have a life of their own and I have to keep them under control. In the last few years I tried so many hair products; from cheap ones to expensive ones. It happens so that I found the perfect spray for my curls a few years back, but unfortunately I can' t find that brand anywhere anymore....sigh... Let's see if one of these will become my new favourite! 


Guhl, Andrelon, TONI&GUY



First the spray of Guhl. On the bottle it says it is a curl activating spray. It contains ginkgo and hydrating jojoba. I love when it says it is hydrating, because my curls need that. After using it for a while, I have to admit that this is my least favourite. First of all, you have to push quite hard to spray it; the pomp mechanism is too rigid. Second, it makes my hair flat and does not activate or stimulate my curl at all. The smell on the other hand is nice, but unfortunately this spray does nothing for my hair.


Andrelon, Oil and Care, intensive anti-klit spray. This spray is from the line Oil & Care. I use this spray after washing my hair to prevent it from becoming frizzy. One of the ingredient is argan oil which is perfect to control curls. I notice that my hair gets more soft and silky after spraying it. I sometimes use it during the day when I see that my hair gets a bit dry and it works perfectly! This is one of my favourites at the moment.


My friend recommend this sea salt texturising spray from TONI&GUY and I love it! It is a bit more expensive compared to the spray of Andrelon, but it works! After spraying it in your hair, you first think it makes your hair more stiff instead of soft, but in the end it makes your curls less frizzy and it gives your hair more body. That is what we want! By the way, this is the limited edition of the British fashion designer Lulu Kennedy. She created the retro-chic bottle which is inspired by a certain California beach babe esthetic. 

Overall, I am happy with the spray of Andrelon and really really happy with the spray of Toni & Guy. Do you have any tips to control curls?


You would also like: 

6 comments:

  1. These are good to know. It can be difficult maintaining defined curls. Great post!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!
    Lord knows I need to learn how to curl my hair better!!!

    XX,
    Whitney
    The Retail Therapist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Curls are nice but difficult to handle! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm actually looking for ways to keep curls intact whenever I curl my hair. It's really hard sometimes to control them and I don't know what spray to use. Thanks so much for sharing this to us, it's very helpful! :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Hope it helped you! xo

      Delete