Monday, 28 April 2014

Vintage New York City

I hope you had a great weekend! It is time again to get inspired by great vintage pictures from the most beautiful and sparkling city in the world! Today's theme is 1950s. 


These girls are on a lunchbreak and it seems like they are discussing the latest gossips. The fashion in this pic is great; the skirts, jackets and bags. It is like the Sex and the City but set in the 1950s! I love it!  


Enjoying the view from the top of the Empire State State Building in the 1950s. It is so great to see that people back then dressed up and didn't walk in sneakers and comfortable clothes,. They look so sophisticated!


Lastly this amazing picture from a newspaper stand taken in the 1950s. The old magazines, newspapers and the sleeping men makes this picture very interesting and authentic!
(Pictures from Pinterest)

6 comments:

  1. these are so awesome! i love the way they're gossiping. love newsstands too.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) The first pic is indeed my favourite!

      Delete
  2. love these vintage pictures,amazing psot
    I posted a new article, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will check out your new article! xx

      Delete
  3. Love, love, LOVE these retro images! NYC is one of my fave cities -- hands down!

    xo
    Aleesha
    http://covetandacquire.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete