Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Wanting Wednesday: Maiyet

Ever heard of the fashion brand Maiyet? I was browsing on Net-A-Porter and stumbled upon a beautiful bag from this brand. After visiting their website I learned that this fashion brand celebrates rare artisnal skills from unexpected places. That sounds interesting!

Their collection is inspired by craftsmen from places such as India, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Mongolia and Peru. Not only is Maiyet sourcing products and inspiration in these countries, they also set up training programs that allow its partners to create higher-quality, exceptional products and promote stability and prosperity in their communities. 

I think this is a beautiful concept and I like how they work with local communities. There are so many skilled craftsmen around the world who do not get a chance to show their products and expertise. Not only are they designing bags, but as well jewelry and clothes, but you know me, I am definitely going for the bags. I am especially in love with no. 1 and 2. So beautiful!


2 comments:

  1. They do some really nice things! That's awesome! Gorgeous bags!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! It is nice to discover new brands!

      Delete